Monday, June 27, 2011

Just riding around

I had a morning CLE (Ethics). I have to report credits soon for the three year period ending on June 30. I am about 99 percent sure this is the last time I will go through that cycle but it seems prudent to maintain my license at least until both TOPWLH and I are eligible for single payer health care.

Some days I am not going anywhere, I am not trying to go fast. Some days I am just riding around. I love my bicycle, the places it takes me continue to surprise. Here then are today's images:

Shades of blue. There at least five, including a nice look at the sky.It wasn't always a beautiful day, there are a few too many clouds for that. But for almost all of the time I was out it WAS a beautiful day. No complaints.

Another addition to the bench series, the benches provided by the Farmers Union.I just read an editorial in today's newspaper about the effect worldwide of the largest population shift in history as a huge percentage of the world's population moves from a rural peasant agricultural lifestyle to an urban working for the man lifestyle. The change is significant. The population that has made the change is driving the revolutionary changes in the Muslim world. That is likely to be not the only place where social changes will occur.

And a little witchcraft.I found it a bit disappointing that the Ditch Witch was not actually working on a ditch. They had some sort of underground cable laying operation going on with the witch at one end and men with shovels and sensors who looked to me to be guiding the progress of whatever it was that was going on down trench from where the ditch was working. As with many things in the modern world, I don't know. I am fairly certain that I would recognize a ditch when I see it. I didn't see a ditch anywhere near the Ditch Witch today.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Nice blues, nice sky, pretty utilitarian looking benches, but my clear favorite is the ditch witch. I, too, believe you would recognize a ditch if you saw one.