Friday, June 10, 2011

April

Well, that was bracing.

Today I wore not only a jacket again but I had to go back in the drawer and pull out my tights. It was too cold to ride in bare legs. Some may know that my rule at the start of the year is no bare legs until the temperature reaches 20 Celsius, that's 68F. Once the tights are off I DO fairly regularly ride bare legged in temperatures cooler than that. Just three days after the blast furnace mid-day temperatures moved me back into dress more usually seen in April. It was 57F when I started, about 14C. It is a bit better than that now but not a heck of a lot. The average high temperature gets to be 57F on about April 15.

But all in all, it was OK. I have the gear, the overnight rain stopped early enough for the streets to be dry and no additional rain fell. It was too grey most of the time to encourage me to stop and get a photo.

I do have this.I was going back in time to April for today's weather conditions, I thought it might be fun to take a peak back in time at a big stone church.