Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sausage theory

Unnoticed by me at first is the interesting factoid that yesterday was a two sausage day. There was, of course, the morning pig with mustardo (ummmm, good) but there was also bratwurst and kraut for evening meal. The last time I had lots of tube steak was the 4th of July free hot dogs at Canterbury event. Those following along may recall that for the two or three days after that event I had really strong legs. Today promised to be an interesting experiment to determine if sausage history would repeat itself.

There was a morning shake down cruise. I made another attempt at on the bicycle one handed digital photography, producing this shot of, well, one is not a peloton, but perhaps the breakaway.Blueberry bushes for scale.

I had a leftover bratwurst for lunch and sure enough, started the afternoon feeling like a little recycling. I headed out into the woods where there was plenty of shade and rode there for most of an hour. As I returned to the dune I came across this, one of the two giant dunes.Sunset Bluff is a difficult climb, a two stager, relatively easy on the bottom climb of the foredune but then more steeply up and around a corner to the top. I hadn't been up this year but this afternoon I went right up.

Feeling my sausages I headed down the road towards the other giant dune.Spyglass is also a two stage climb but this time the difficult part is the foredune, a steep and long around a corner climb. Once at the midway plateau it is possible to marshall your strength for the somewhat easier top section. Here is a photo from near the top.I made the two climbs so I guess the sausage theory has been substantiated.

Sausage rulz (especially with mustard).

1 comment:

T Tousan said...

It's possible that it may be the mustard that makes you strong. TT