Saturday, August 22, 2009

3,010

Another mileage milestone was achieved today as I rode through the 3,000 mile mark for this calendar year. I remain ahead of schedule for the year end goal.

TOPWLH and I rode out to Lake Vadnais. As usual, Vadnais was gorgeous. I got a photo of MySU in our usual break spot, the parking lot between the two lake halves.Formerly known as Bianchi Babe, MySU rides a Bianchi with Campagnolo components. I did a pretty extensive search of the internet this morning and finally found an English to Finnish translator. It was necessary to do so because as is illustrated by this photo:TOPWLH also loves her thumb levers. I needed to find a Finnish translation for I love my thumb levers.

"I-KIRJAIN lempiä minun peukalo vipu."

We stopped to take a look at the corn.The height of the stalks hasn't changed much, the only thing still growing is the size of the ears. The model demonstrates that the ears on these particular plants are coming along nicely.

I ate one of the Beacons this morning and TOPWLH ate the other this afternoon. We are able to report that Beacon is an excellent apple, slightly tart without being acidic, firm without being too hard. Our verdict is that Beacon is an excellent eating apple with TOPWLH adding the possibility of pie.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, this post made me LOL.
I tried to translate the Finish back to English and here is what I got:
"I - LETTER love mine thumb trap." Obviously Finnish is a complex language and the translator does not understand bikes.
Also, I did mention that the beacons would make a nice pie, but I want to make it clear that I was hoping Mr. Smith would be the baker.
Mrs. Smith (not a Granny Smith yet)

gfr said...

Excellent mileage. Just keep turning the pedals --

Nice jersey on the model. New?

Pearl said...

MyUS? Is that Finnish for MySU?

Anonymous said...

I appear to have gone mad. I swear it said MyUS .....

Emily M said...

Beacons are excellent apples - I bought some at the farmers' market this morning. Yum. And now I'm about to go biking myself. yay.

P.S. - The Google language tools translator has every language imaginable, for future reference.