Monday, August 10, 2009

Her last full day

Big storms blew through western Michigan last night, the nearby town of Fruitport apparently even made the national news. That town had hundreds of trees down including quite a few on houses including one house that, if I saw CNN correctly, had four trees on it.

It rained here but we were mostly off the south end of the biggest storms and the storms mostly served to clear out the humidity of the last couple of days. After two days off bicycling resumed.

Today is Wireless's last full day here so she joined in for a late morning ride. Here we are at the Bay House for a turn around. The boat company international sales coordinator noted that the neighbors have "one of my boats."We rode on down to the state park, bicycles admitted without charge. A photo very similar to this one has already been posted elsewhere on the internet, but I was there too, this is the one I took: Wireless at Big Red.I rode again this afternoon down to Cross Country Cycle, the local bicycle shop of choice where my spousal unit rented an extremely nice carbon, or as Bike Snob NYC would say, crabon, bicycle so that she can start to join in in the cycling.

I had already cycled and re-cycled, I was not feeling in the slightest bit under exercised but it was her last full day here so I joined Wireless and SU for the walk to the Tunnel Park and for my first time this trip even made the trek to the top of the dune. SU knows the number of steps, ask her.There wasn't a particularly photogenic sunset this evening. Even though I took several photos (it is just memory) I decided that none of them particularly merited a posting.

We got this picture instead. This one is better.Today in France, Caen 1, Nantes 0.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe not a photogenic sunset, but doesn't our little family look good? Thanks, Santini, for the good photo and for providing the setting!
GRider

Santini said...

You're very welcome.

It seems a little redundant to comment on your blog while you're sitting across the room. That would be like texting your daughter while she's sitting at a table across the room from you .....