Friday, August 14, 2009

A live stream

Today's ride took us towards the head of the inland lake, up near the point where it is still a river. We rode around Windmill Island and on the way out I got this shot of what I take to be a great blue heron.I also attempted another on the bicycle one handed digital photo. I am starting to get the technique perfected and am now prepared to offer a few tips. First, when withdrawing the camera from your pocket, do so by slipping your hand through the loop of the wrist strap. This avoids the catastrophic camera drop that I nearly experienced yesterday.

OK, on with the show. The middle rider in the peloton complained about the last picture. Apparently she felt that the angle caused some sort of distortion, that the image somehow did not accurately reflect the size of . . . well, she said there was some distortion.

I tried again, this time from closer.I just don't know what distortion she might have been complaining about.

Later on we were riding a loop near the barn when she caught me unawares, sprinting by before I realized that it was a race and nabbing some spotty jersey points. Well, I have now been subjected to the same bitter medicine which I previously projected onto Voeckler. It is bitter, it is bitter. Her excuse was she had to do it, that she had previously been the only one who was pointless.

Pointless, hmmm. Where shall I go with this? Hmmmm. I guess I will leave it alone. We rode on and forewarned I was able to hold her at bay in the final climb of the day with double points on the line. I continue to build my lead in the competition.

This evening in France: Nantes 3, Clermont 2 in the first home game of the year for Nantes.

An amazing thing has occurred. Being retired meant that I had some extra time to search around on the internet and I discovered a website that was live streaming the game. This is my third season as a full time fan of this team and today for the first time I saw, actually saw them play live. When Klasnic headed in the ball for the go ahead goal I was able to throw my arms in the air in just the same way as those in attendance in Nantes. Allez Nantes. I am fulfilled, I am jaune et vert.

No comments: