Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Reversal

It rained this morning and it looked like a day of rest at last. My major accomplishment for the day was staying home to oversee the installation of a new light fixture.Hint: It makes TOPWLH very happy.

I was left speechless by Al the electrician. He installed that light fixture, a new switch for the light and a new outlet on the lower level, all without ever venturing to the breaker box to turn off the power. He did all of that with the circuits hot. That is a powerful amount of experience talking, I was speechless.

But when Al left it was 3pm and the sun had been out for about 3 hours. The streets had dried from the rain so I rode my bicycle. It was hot but not as hot as yesterday. And I am a lot more used to being tired out by a bicycle ride in the late afternoon. It wasn't particularly strong or fast but it felt OK.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Ah, yes. One of the most common responsibilities of the retired. Waiting for service people. It is a very attractive fixture.

Emily M said...

That is WAY better than the old light in the dining room. It's not an orb, for one thing. And I too am impressed by Al the electrician. Plus it does make mom so happy.