Wednesday, June 17, 2009

MSRA Back to the 50s

The Minnesota Street Rod Association has a big car show every year at the state fairgrounds. Lots of old cars show up and cruise up and down Snelling. Obviously I was aware of the show but I was not fully aware of how big a deal it is.

Today I was riding through the fairgrounds and lots and lots of the temporary food and beverage stands which I have always assumed were present only for the 12 days of the Fair are already on the grounds in anticipation of this weekend's event.I had no idea that it would be possible to dine on pronto pups, deep fried cheese curds and the other Fair delicacies at this early stage of the summer. According to the car show website they are expecting 125,000 spectators. I guess I will be riding in some other direction this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My thought upon reading this post elicited a different response: Let's for sure ride over there and have a pronto pup. Why wait for the State Fair?! I am so surprised that the food and beverage stands are open on other occasions.
GRider