Wednesday, June 3, 2009

1,006 miles on this bike, this year

In some ways it still feels like the season has only just begun. Certainly most of the rides I take I am still wearing a jacket. I do not yet display the marks of too much time in the sun, my arms are still pretty pale and my scalp has only begun to acquire the stripes. But I guess the numbers do not lie, 1,006 miles on my favorite bicycle means that bicycle season is well under way.

I rode down into that senior citizen's center parking lot again today and tried to get a copy of the picture I took yesterday.That's what starting out on my ride about an hour later today than yesterday and also having partly cloudy instead of bright sun does for the view of the south end of Lake Owasso.

I am a veteran and I deserve a park, Roseville provides one.OK, it isn't MY park, I guess fairly obviously but our softball team did use that softball field for Saturday practice during the time that we were sponsored not by the City of Roseville, but by the Roseville VFW Post 7555. The VFW Post is across the parking photo right.

We had a permit to use that field. There is a story there but I will not be telling it to the entire internet. There is a story there, maybe it is my park after all.

1 comment:

gfr said...

Excellent mileage -- we may need to get used to riding in long sleeves. It looks like a cool summer is setting up.