Friday, June 19, 2009

GRider confirms absence of squeak

I had a guest rider again today. She is about two and a half times taller than the corn. I guess everyone will notice without my having to point it out that the corn is more than knee high and it isn't the Fourth of July yet. Oh, wait, I guess I pointed it out. OK, everyone notice.GRider's presence today was appreciated as it was her still keen hearing that identified the troublesome chain squeak. With only a small amount of prompting today she rode into a good listening position and confirmed that the noise is gone. I am bicycle repairman, hear me roar.

We rode, as always, into the wind. Today's wind direction meant that we revisited the Stone Arch Bridge and the riverbank nearest to downtown Minneapolis. We paused at the turn around at the park across the river from the Grain Belt sign.I asked her to pose bent over near the working parts with an ear cocked towards the chain to simulate her task as squeak identifier. She did not take my request seriously.

The ride over was punctuated by a passage of the Fairgrounds. It was pretty busy for a Friday morning in June.Just before I took this picture a pink Cadillac convertible went through the gates. It is a shame that I missed that.

3 comments:

Santini said...

Nice corn. Nice bikes -- I like the dark blue tires on the LOOK. Nice beer sign. I'm guessing nice camera.

The Guide said...

Santini - Just wait until you see the new tires he just got in the mail. They're even better!

Too bad about missing the pink car - I'm sure it was fabulous.

Anonymous said...

I was hoping for a photo of a '65 Baracuda, red, the sparkly kind of red. Could you ride back there tomorrow and try to get one of those? That would be great! You're retired, what else have you got to do???

Off to vacation with the inlaws. No snide comments from me til late next week. A retirement gift to you. Enjoy.

jilrubia