Monday, May 25, 2009

Laundry

The visitor doing laundry (TVDL) suggested that I was invoking the Auckland Rule when I expressed an intention to ride my bicycle. I denied it, saying it really wasn't that windy.

I was wrong.

One way I can always tell that it is too windy is that my average speed plummets. Clearly I am not getting enough benefit from the tailwind to overcome the additional work of riding into the wind. The reason for this probably is that I ride out into the wind and by the time I start back I am usually pretty knackered. The result is that when I have a tailwind I am not really concentrating on making up for the time riding into the wind. If the truth be known I am mostly resting, just kinda coasting along with the wind.

Today I rode over into Saint Paul. This is my turnaround point at Summit and Pascal.Pascal is a friend, I ride on Pascal quite regularly. But usually I ride on Pascal in Falcon Heights, I was a little surprised to glance at the sign and notice that it was Pascal. The paths in the Summit Avenue median are made by joggers, which are numerous, nearly as numerous on a day like today as bicyclists.

Here is a result of last year's landscaping project. Our miniature lilac looks like it is going to bloom.Today is another OOTNDITHOD.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

It looks like summer on Summit. Even the dandelions are about done.