Thursday, May 22, 2008

Two big bugs

On a very nice day I got an early start and took the 8 lakes tour.

I wanted to get this photo last year but the wind and/or the temperatures must have conspired against me or something and I was never at this location during the flowering crab bloom. This is Snail Lake Boulevard off Victoria on the way down to the lake.Can you tell that it is a steep downhill? This is the spot where the bicycle computer almost always registers its highest speed of the ride.

It was again slightly below par in temperature but it was a very nice day anyway. The lakes were all gorgeous. I already had the picture above and did not intend to try for another.

But I stopped briefly at Lake Vadnais and the lake was looking particularly fine.I had two bug collisions today. I have several each year, often of big hard shelled bugs colliding with my sun glasses. Today the bugs were both big but on these occasions the sun glasses did not have to serve their protective armor function. One of the bugs flew into my left ear but then quickly flew out. I was disconcerted by its arrival, very pleased by the expeditious departure. The other bug nailed me hard in the neck. Again, disconcerting but no actual damage.

No comments: