Friday, May 16, 2008

Belated inspiration

If you were riding into Pigeon River park with former President Clinton just as the workmen scared away the ducks you could exclaim, "Seville, dere dego".

Also experiencing a belated inspiration is the blossoming shrubbery of the nearby neighborhoods. I don't know the names of many of these but I think this purple display is nice.Today was even nicer than yesterday, another new high reached. As I type this the weather gadget on my blog reports 80. I finished my ride about 3 hours ago so I don't think I rode in 80, but today it is 80. Today I rode in sleeveless jersey, obviously for the first time. Today it is 80.

And vanity, where is they sting? Earlier today I was engaged in an activity which every serious bicyclist who tells the truth will admit they also engage in. I was checking out the definition in my quadriceps . . . and my calves . . . and my hamstring . . . and gluteus. The season is definitely well underway as I am pleased to report that I have my legs back. The hard work is starting to pay off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, yes. Slick Ville. Amusing.

80? What's 80? 56 was our high here yesterday at the beach, though 70 was the official high at some random inland location.