Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Onojo, demis trux.

I had a revelation while riding today which I am going to share. Unfortunately, I suspect that it is not going to be very profound. But here it is:

A rest day makes you really strong the following day.

In addition, today was a really nice day. It was sunny with medium winds. The temperature at the A&W was 68. I think this makes this the warmest temperature I have ridden in so far this year. The negative of course is that the average temperature for today is 70. So a really nice day but still, still sub-par.

I never noticed before but the A&W has those outdoor park and order from your car deals along the fence. I watched for a bit though, and I did not see the high school girl actually roller skating out to bring the tray of food to the car.So it is just a tiny bit inauthentic.

If you can read the sign you will learn that this establishment will soon be sponsoring old car "cruising" nights. I suppose that a retro sort of restaurant is a natural for a gathering of retro sort of cars.

And along those same lines, I call this "Causenflours innaroe".The Giro d'Italia is so far refusing to become interesting. The race hasn't really begun as each stage so far has finished in a bunch sprint. Even today when the stage ended with a 3 km long climb at an average gradient of 5.9%, but with 9% at the end, even in the face of an obstacle that should have separated the field, the peloton still finished gruppo compacto. It looks as though the race will not begin until the mountain stages of the 3rd week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, the A&W advertises "All American Foods." Does this mean they do not have French fries?
It was, I beg to differ, not a sub par day. I played outdoor tennis for the first time in over a year (a long story) and then sat outside for dinner. A most excellent day.
So what does "Causenflours innaroe" mean?
BB

Anonymous said...

Cows and flowers in a row. An old, old story.

Nice shot of the cousenflours. Lots of green.

Anonymous said...

onojo, demis trux.
summit cowsin, summit dux.

It was a most excellent day. TT