Saturday, May 24, 2008

Another bike geek moment

I call this one Causenteeny.Other available bike geek for scale.

We rode a bit and discovered that the bicycle computer was STILL underreporting mileage. My solution was another classic moment of bike geekdom. I performed a repair using spare parts that I had lying around. I switched to a Sigma 800 which has always been reliable for me and once again find myself to be a very self satisfied bike geek.

Lyon has defeated Paris Saint-Germain 1-0 in extra time to claim la Coupe de France. The schedule for Ligue 1 for next year has been released and Nantes will open August 9 at Auxerre. For a bit of perspective Auxerre was 15th in Ligue 1 this year and looks to be the kind of team from which Nantes must take points to succeed in the return to the elite.

The Giro today saw its first mountaintop finish and Contador moved up to just 5 seconds off the overall lead. This smells very bad to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Causenteeny -- it took me a minute to get that one. Pretty clever.