Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Early start

Looking out the window today it seemed too nice out to stay at work so I broke away a tad early and rode my bike. Appearances are deceiving. It WAS a nice day, but temperatures seemed to stall just below the average for the date. The still not quite warm temperature coupled with another strong north wind to produce another day when I stepped back into the house to don my jacket and later was glad that I had.

With the early start I had plenty of time to stop and look at things. This is a picture of the often mentioned but I don't believe ever previously photographed Lake Wabasso. It is across the street from Lake Owasso, smaller, connected by a creek.I started to climb the hill out of the Owasso valley and discovered that the street along the west side of the lake which had been under construction nearly all of last year has finally been opened. There is still another layer of asphalt to go but the base layer is down and it is smooth and rideable.

When the route up the hill next to the lake is taken the usual outlet brings me directly to Lake Emily. Lake Emily HAS been photographed before but today I caught the glistening waters visible through a gnarly oak.I stopped and watched a little junior varsity softball, Roseville against Stillwater. Stillwater has a bunch of hitters, they were pounding the ball, scoring several runs in the inning I watched. Then Roseville came up and went 1-2-3, leading to the line-up for hand shakes.

Today in France Lyon advanced to the final of la Coupe de France. They will meet Paris Saint Germain on May 24 at Stade de France for the Cup. Lyon also still leads Ligue 1 as they seek their 7th consecutive championship so they still have the possibility of playing for a double, two trophies in the same season, la Coupe and le Championnat. PSG also will be seeking a double, having earlier won la Coupe de la Ligue. As we all know by now, the last team to win the league championship other than Lyon was . . . anyone? Bueller? anyone? . . . Nantes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice spring ride report. You won't get that shot once the oak tree leafs out. You appear to live in a land of lakes.