Thursday, November 29, 2012

Walking is hard

I look forward to the return of some walking fitness. This week's lesson is, yet again, that when you abandon one primary exercise form and take up another, there are going to be adjustment issues.

If you haven't walked much of late you are likely to find walking to be hard. My aerobic fitness is obviously fine. What is at issue is leg muscles. I am experiencing what feels like the very beginning stages of shin splints, slight discomfort in the shin while walking.

I look forward to the return of some walking fitness.

I already have something planned for tomorrow so for today's penultimate post of National Blog Every Day for A Month Month, I offer a favorite photo from each of the four trips we took this year.

"A-maze-ing Laughter" by Yue Minjun on the shores of English Bay in Vancouver.
Our foray over the edge of the Grand Canyon for a hike a mile down into the abyss, a hike which got us nowhere near the bottom.
La Côte d'Albâtre. According to Wikipedia la Côte d'Albâtre est située sur la Manche. This is the unicorn we spotted at la plage at the town of Saint Pierre en port.
The bicycle garden behind the new store next to the PPS.
There.

And as previously stated I already have something lined up for tomorrow.

Done.

4 comments:

Retired Professor said...

I'll be damned -- it IS a unicorn.

Nobody believed me when I said that bicycling uses different muscles than wogging. Walking IS hard.

WooHoo -- we made the cut. That IS a funky garden, and a great ride. One of my all time favorites.

Jimi said...

Those are all very nice photos. It reminds me how much color has disappeared from the environment.

I like the painted bikes and the picture with the distant "unicorn" in it.

Mrs Smith said...

I am glad you said "a favorite photo from every trip." There are so many great ones. Thanks for talking me into taking the summer off!

Santini said...

What I find quite painful is to try to maintain fitness for two primary forms of exercise. I'm not sure it is possible, at least at this stage of my life. Some form of compromise looks like it will be necessary.