Friday, November 2, 2012

Try again then

I rode out to that same water's edge place just to try for a little self redemption. Today there was no sun. Today there were no geese.

*sigh*

I did get a nice picture of some water in a creek between the parts of the swamp.
The temperature never made it 40, well maybe it did, but it was 38 when I left and 39 when I got back. It was too darn cold, like quite a bit too darn cold.

And furthermore, there isn't enough day light, I think we are doomed. I was up at shortly after 7am this morning. My official work day used to begin at 7:30, I was looking out the window at 7:15 and it was just totally and completely not even morning yet. It was still very clearly night. How do people get to work while it is still night and then have to come home after it has become night again?

This is bad, I think we may be doomed.

There was an article in the newspaper a few days ago about homemade election signs. I have seen a few of them, I have a photo of one of the most famous ones, but this one is my favorite so far.
Maybe because I agree with the sentiment. But I think also because it is SO clearly homemade and so clearly heartfelt.

Apologies to STC, as pointed out by her principal owner, STC was not actually on a prohibited table but totally on an allowed box.

3 comments:

Santini said...

You have 28 more days to find that goose and some water, so no need to lament.

Still going with "doomed" I see. It probably has something to do with your genetics. A little SAD?

This time of year that whole free speech thing just gets out of hand. No one seems to know the NASCAR rule. Was I the only one listening?

Jimi said...

Nice sign. I think that may be a bloggable subject - that is home made political signs. I don't think I've seen any, but I'm going to do a search in this very active political city.

I'm not so sure about that "doomed" thing. Are you sure you don't mean "domed" ? Maybe "dooned"? No, that would be Santini.

I'd like to see the text of that NASCAR rule, too. I don't think I was present for any voting that may have taken place.

Gino said...

Duck, duck, goose.

Oooo, text of the rule. I like it.

Maybe domed.