Thursday, November 1, 2012

Geese at water's edge

But the picture didn't come out.

*sigh*

Too late note to self: take more than one.

It was sunny and cold, sunny is good, cold is what November is.

After I finished the ride another important task finally made its way to the top of the schedule. Here's a photo of me engaged in the task.
I had previously renounced any further visits to the top of the house but I had a giant leaf build up in the valley on the back side of the house. That side over there is in the lee of the school district's evergreens (survey for the big hole in the ground out front confirmed that they are not on our lot). No wind was going to dislodge the leaf pile and leaving them up there was like leaving a starter kit for a really massive ice dam. I meant to take a picture before I started but forgot. Still, this is about 75 percent removed and as you can see there is still plenty of ice dam material left up there.
Not any more.

Once long ago when I still went up there regularly I took TCWUTH and a couple of her neighborhood friends up there. The neighbor girls expressed wonderment. I informed them that I was only "surveying my domain".
Honest, I said that.

How was it? I didn't like it, not a single bit. I am on the wrong side of the maturity curve to be climbing ladders. I was really, really careful, never coming within a rake length of the edge and I am pleased and gratified to report that no codgers were injured in the production of today's photos.

I was pretty sure if I looked around the pictures folder long enough that there had to be at least one of these.
STC is violating one of the most basic of cat rules, no cats on the table.

3 comments:

Retired Professor said...

I really, really wish you wouldn't do that. That's what "men" and money are for. They need the work. Let them do it.

At least the sun was out. Nice shadow photo.

Jimi said...

I may have to get a cat to be able to fill 30 straight days with interesting and cute content.

Stay off the roof.

Emily M said...

Sammy, yay! Awww, she was so cute. Also, I think she may be sitting on a box, not the table? Either way, yay for STC.

Agreed with my fellow comment-leavers - stay off the roof, please. Rob has guys that would totally be on that.