Sunday, August 29, 2010

Tennis news

We don't get much in the way of tennis news here at gzmoohoo.blogspot.com. But today TCWUTH and TOPWLH engaged in a little bit of wasn't it kind of hot out there for that activity?Speaking of too hot out there I probably could use a day off myself. Today was hot and I came home needing a little lie down.

I rode the Capital loop which on the return trip brings me through one of the most bicycle unfriendly spots that I ride with any sort of regularity. This is the BNSF railroad crossing of Como Avenue.The spaces between pavement and rails are wide and deep, and at an angle to the path of travel for narrow tired bicycles. I try to find a lull in traffic and cut all the way out into the middle of the street and then ride across the tracks in a direction perpendicular to the rails. Even so, it still always gives me the willies. Hehe, he said willies.

Here is today's mining/mineral related content. I was getting the picture of the rails when I happened to spot these. Those very regular and a little too round to be natural pebbles down there in the crack next to the rail?Taconite pellets.

1 comment:

Jimi said...

Those tennis courts could stand to be resurfaced. Nonetheless, it's nice to see some tennis action on your blog. And on a day with temps over 90. Good work.

TT