Sunday, August 22, 2010

Return to thumb levers and palping tires in an orange colorway

The wind indicated a ride towards the south but we went north. There is a big doing about to be done over to the south. The Fairgrounds have been closed since August 9. The first 12 or so days of that closing affected me not at all as I was in New South Wales.

That sign says no skateboarding, no bikes, no rollerblading, no pets. The Fair starts Thursday.There has also been a lot of progress on the new softball field. I feared before we left that the field would not include a leveling of the outfield. Never mind, they have torn up nearly all of the turf over there. It looks increasingly like this thing is going to be done right.We rode in the cool of the morning but we could feel the heat of the day rising as we returned home. It is a hot summer day out there.

But with the Fair about to begin I think it is time to start checking around for other signs of the waning of summer. Our neighbor across the street has a maple tree that gives up early. It is already starting to give up.Orange tires instead of blue, thumb levers instead of throwing the whole lever mechanism to the side. We are home, I love my bike.

1 comment:

New South Wales said...

I noticed that the leaves on the aspen trees are beginning to turn yellow here. The days are getting shorter.