Monday, August 16, 2010

Climate note

This seems to confirm the reputation of Minnesota winters for harshness. In this part of Michigan a much kinder and gentler winter signs in when it shows up.At least that's what it looks like to me.

Here's part of the village emerging from the rain forest at Hemlock Crossing County Park. They had been lost in there for, oh, about two minutes so the hardship was not excessive.They have a nature center there clad in decorative stone. I was looking at the rocks and thought some of them looked quite familiar. I asked the nature center lady if they were native stones. Almost. They are from Minnesota, a landscape rock dealer in Bagley. Well, I DID think they looked familiar. I even think that I have heard Dennis talk about Minnesota rocks often enough that I might, just might, be able to identify some of them.This one in particular looks familiar, I think Pojar had a bunch of this on his desk for about 10 years when his desk was over by the window.Okay, New South Wales it is not, but it is definitely not home either.

No comments: