Friday, August 27, 2010

More miles at home this month than in NSW

Another milestone today, I have now ridden more miles at home during this month than I rode during our vacation in Australia. Those present at the final vacation mileage computation will know that I had quite a few miles while away from home. Surpassing that total here at home means that it has been quite a good month. I feel strong.

It was warmer today. I should have ridden in the morning. But I enjoyed yesterday's afternoon excursion and thought today might provide another such experience. It was warmer today. I reexperienced the joy of perspiration. The good side of perspiration is, as all bicyclists know, the miracle of evaporative cooling. The down side is that if you are sweating, it is hot.

I was JRA again and I wandered away from the local festivities over towards downtown. I have taken plenty of pictures from the Stone Arch Bridge but today I got a picture OF the Stone Arch Bridge.I was stopped in the shadow of the new Guthrie, or maybe of the old flour mill next door.

I rode parts of Minneapolis that I don't get to very often, heading south from the Stone Arch back towards Franklin. That whole 35W thing majorly gets in the way of any relaxing ride in that direction but eventually I found a multi-use pathway leading from under 35W back up and around to the 10th Avenue bridge. That bridge has a nice wide shoulder/bike lane and I was soon back on familiar ground.

This evening in France FC Nantes has played its third home game of the season and has for the first time produced points. According to the story on the FC Nantes website (wanna practice your French?) Nantes dominated the game with Vannes getting only one good chance. Final score FC Nantes 2:0 Vannes OC. Nantes rises once again to mid-table.

1 comment:

Senior Cyclist said...

612.

Impressive.

Bridges are visually interesting -- the stone arch bridge is aptly named.