Monday, June 28, 2010

Turtle crossing

I actually first saw this sign while out with GRider yesterday. Today's very windy conditions led me back out in the same direction. I made a point of going by and framing the whole thing up to tell my side of the story.

Which is, crossing from where and going where?That's just plain the middle of the suburbs there. There isn't anything like what I would consider turtle habitat within a quarter of mile or so in one direction and absolutely NOwhere nearby in any of the other directions. Still, the sign looks pretty official, who knows?

GRider has put some new stuff in the ground. She doesn't think I have looked at any of it yet but I have.We planted the evergreen perennial in the front there two years ago and each of the past two springs she has pronounced the plant to be dead. I am willing to concede that it has not exactly flourished, but it does seem to still be green, at least to me.

Who wouldn't think this was ominous?Perhaps I need a tax accountant. I had a fairly significant change in status between filing taxes in 2009 and 2010 and apparently I didn't study the tax code sufficiently well before filing this year's return.

But never mind, the error I made was in my favor. It's almost like that Community Chest card in Monopoly, "Bank error in your favor, collect $15". But better. The IRS has informed me that based on information provided on my return I am eligible to claim the "Making Work Pay and Government Retiree Credit". They have been kind enough to recompute my tax and have determined that THEY OWE US MONEY.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Envelopes like that should send a chill down your spine. Close the blinds and hide behind the couch.