Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Four days without rain

To be completely fair I concede that late afternoon in the Twin Cities has turned nice, extremely nice. The sun is out, the sky is blue, the temperature approaches average for the day.

But there have only been four days so far this month without measureable precipitation and conditions overnight and this morning ruled out the possibility that today might join the four. It was wet and ugly all morning. One of the weather website declared 80 percent chance of thunderstorms.

Well, that didn't happen, but during the time when I was riding I felt sprinkles more than a couple of times and once rode through an area where damp streets clearly indicated that rain had fallen. Even so I did not get rained on. The sun appeared occasionally. I am going to go with "plenty nice enough".

I tried to find some moments when the sun was out to get a picture or two. The sun WAS out while I was framing this photo but it seems that clouds intervened at the moment the shutter was released. Still, the abundance of precipitation means that the corn is doing really well.Keen observers might note that TOPWLH is NOT pictured for scale. I put new tires on her bicycle earlier but even the new equipment inducement has not lured her onto her Bianchi.

I am sure she has an explanation, one that I accept without reservation. I know she loves it, I expect she will be out there soon.

The sun actually was out when I rode past these folks. Sunlit cows with flowering tree for scale.Here's another previously unpublished photo. This is 2,000 year old brick work with family for scale.That's the cold baths, the frigidarium if you will, at the 2nd century Roman baths inside the Musée National du Moyen Âge (National Museum of the Middle Ages), also known as Musée de Cluny. That area of the building is intact from nearly 2,000 years ago. Neither of the human beings approaches that age although one is a bit closer to it than the other.

No comments: