Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Citizens of Tokyo

Unlike last Saturday today was a classically beautiful day out at the northern lakes. Here is the greatly underappreciated Sucker Lake.The underappreciation could, just could be related to the unfortunate name.

Just a couple of pedal turns down the shoreline I came upon a great blue who hung around long enough to be photographed. It didn't hang around long enough to be photographed in ideal lighting conditions.And speaking of birds, I came across this in a part of Roseville where I ride often but on a street where apparently I don't ride very often. These people have lots of lawn clutter and other interesting stuff on and next to their garage. But I liked the rooster the most.I wonder if they are French.

This morning citizens of another of the largest cities on the planet joined the ranks of the neutral observers of the World Cup. I thought Paraguay was the better side and the result was not unjust but going out on penalty kicks with only one single, solitary mistake, it's a harsh result for a Japanese team that I found immensely entertaining.

3 comments:

Retired Professor said...

Sucker Lake is an unfortunate name -- it looks nice there.

Even the Great Blue's seek shade from the summer sun, apparently.

A rooster? Really?

Emily M said...

I like the rooster. It's way more interesting than all the bears in White Bear Lake.

Go bears.

TOPWLH said...

I concur that the rooster owners may be French. That rooster looks alot like the one on you F.F.F. shirt.
Nothing says France like a big rooster (except maybe a chocolate eclair).