Friday, June 4, 2010

Mundane, part 2

Ho hum. I rode my bicycle today. Sorry, that's about all I got. It is going to take a while until I can dig something interesting out of just another ride. It seems pretty mundane.

But it WAS a nice day out there. It was warm and sunny, a bit windy, but it really smelled good. There were several spots similar to this one where it was just plain pleasant to soft pedal and enjoy.This part of the day was a huge improvement over the traffic fumes along Rue Rivoli.

Here's just some stuff painted on the street that I have ridden past a few times lately. It always seems interesting to me, it isn't the sort of thing that I, at least, expect to see painted on the street. I am guessing there is a pipe underground at this location that ends. Just a guess.It looks like work is nearly complete over at the library reconstruction. Repaving the parking lot is always one of the last steps in such a project and repaving is what was going on over there today.I felt OK for most of the ride but really hit the wall hard towards the end. I don't think it was the wind or the jet lag that did me in, I think it was the lingering effects of a really vicious cold that came upon me for the last couple of days in France. Ask around, the entire traveling party had some version or another of this thing. Getting over a cold is hard, GOINFS.

1 comment:

Santini said...

There was no hint of illness in your blog posts during your last few days in Paris -- bummer. I hate colds. I hope you has some Walgreen's antihistamine with you. It worked ok the last time you traveled and got a cold.

It looks like a nice (and dry) day in MN.