Friday, June 25, 2010

Abbreviated by sprinkles

I had a Guest Rider today. Scheduling was a bit of a problem because I wanted to ride after Brazil v. Portugal and before Spain v. Chile. GRider, of course, also has items on her agenda. The event was further complicated by the fact that the weather wasn't the greatest. But we got in enough miles for the still rounding into form GRider. I went a bit farther and it was sprinkling as I arrived at home.Cows for scale. It hasn't really rained here yet, I may recycle.

There's lots of activity at the Fairgrounds. There is some maintenance going on on the Sky Ride. The cars are never, and I mean never, on the cables except during the State Fair. The maintenance, whatever it might be, has required that the cars be attached and that the whole apparatus go through testing.Here's something from the last day. This is the Tomb of Marshall Foch, a World War I hero. The tomb is located in an alcove of Eglise du Dome. The central rotunda under the dome is the location of the tomb of Napoleon, previously pictured.Marshall Foch will spend eternity being borne upon the shoulders of his soldiers.

1 comment:

gfr said...

Excellent cow photos, as always.