Sunday, June 6, 2010

Anybody want to see any more?

Yesterday featured pretty much all day rain. Rain is, of course, extremely useful to both the not very fresh bicyclist and the cold sufferer as rain is a perfect excuse for a nap. Naps are good, they lead to fresher legs and do wonders to cure the common cold. Not to mention jet lag.

So I got a good nap and a good night's sleep. Today was a bit of a disappointment though as I am still a little bit sick and riding in that condition is hard.

But it was a beautiful day while I was out. Rain now threatens but it was sunny and warm enough for the ride. The threat of rain lessened my motivation for photography, however, and I didn't get a single photo.

But I have about 450 pictures taken in the last couple of weeks, only a small percentage of which have appeared here. Today after the ride I started the process of editing, deleting duplicates, attaching names and IDs, maybe a little photoshop. It is a daunting task but if not done you end up with only a jumble.

So here is a picture taken Day 1 and not previously used. It is the gold statue of Jeanne d'Arc at the corner of Rue Rivoli and the Louvre.Watch the final stage of the Tour de France and you will see the peloton fly past this spot on each of the final 10 laps around Paris before the finish.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

I tried to leave comments earlier -- Blogger was broke. I forgot what I was going to say. ss