Thursday, June 24, 2010

Citizens of Rome

I hardly have enough time to ride my bicycle. These sporting events are keeping me so busy that today I had to ride after the football. This means I ended up out there riding around with people who have jobs. It is quite a bit more low key when it is just me.

Here is the flowering bush in our front yard.This is my take on the two big sporting events.

Football: In the last World Cup Italy defeated France in the final. Today the citizens of Rome joined the citizens of Paris as neutral observers for the rest of the competition. Italy loses to Slovakia and, like France, finished last in their group and is eliminated. Italy's results are probably even more disappointing to Romans than France's results are to Parisians. More was expected of Italy than was expected of France.

Tennis: So yesterday they played a fifth set to a draw. Today they came back out for a sixth set and Isner defeated Mahut 11-9. This means that my personal score line for the match reads as follows: 6-4, 3-6, 6-7, 7-6, 59-59, 11-9.

I thought that my camera had stopped functioning on day 12 in Paris before I got any photos of Montmarte. In going through my photos I discovered that I do have one taken before we went inside the Dali Museum. Furthermore, I kinda like it, it does a nice job of showing the elevation change of Montmarte, the hill we had just walked up.Of course, the truth is that we didn't walk up that particular street. That's the direct route up (or down) the hill. We walked around the edge, a long diagonal across and then back across the hill to get to the top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool, cool shot. And Paris looks nice too! Ha...

So, I had to blow up the photo to see what was used to prevent the tables from being all wonky on the hillside. Looks like it might feel as though you were enjoying a little wine on a roller coaster. Would I care? Not a bit!

If you leave now, you can be to London for the semi-finals! I believe Sun Country one-and-a-half star service has launched it's summer flights.

jilrubia