Monday, April 19, 2010

T-Paw has tulips too

Today I completed one of the standard length southern routes for the first time this year. There are two more or less standard routes over there, the one I did today was the Capitol loop. I was riding that direction because when I left the house the wind was coming from the southeast. When I got back to the house the wind was coming from the northwest. So THAT's the kind of day it was.

The Capitol loop takes me along the entire length of Summit Avenue. At one point I saw a flash of yellow so I stopped to check. The Governor's Mansion has yellow tulips in the front yard.Here's a look just at the flowers without fence gate or bicycle cluttering up the shot.Having confirmed yellow tulips at his place of residence I thought to check on his work place. Yup, yellow tulips there too.Those familiar with the Capitol grounds may be interested to know that I took this photo from that large state map inlaid into the World War II Memorial in front of the Veterans Service Building. I had both of my feet in Itasca County. The front wheel of my bicycle was in Koochiching. I didn't really check to be sure but I am going to guess rear wheel in Cass.

As long as I was in the neighborhood I rode over to see what the flower status was at another part of the Executive Branch. Silly me, I forgot the DNR doesn't do flowers, they do habitat.I ran into someone I know. In fact, you can see her in the photo, just behind the upper left corner of the sign.

I asked her if she thought I should visit the fourth floor. Tameko advised against such a move, saying that the place was a trap. I heeded her warning and instead rode on home.

INTO A HEAD WIND.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tameko!!! She is a wise woman.

I hate to get all hoity-toity flower lady on you, but I believe the "yellow tulips" at the Guv's house and the capitol are, in fact, daffodils. They almost always bloom before tulips. The stuff in the last photo: weedy crap.

Fulfilling all your horticultural needs...jilrubia.

Santini said...

Head wind both ways? I hate it when that happens.