Sunday, April 11, 2010

The circus is in town

And no, I am not referring to the lemon bar/green jello gathering. I refer to the fact that the Shrine Circus is nearly at the end of a 3 day I think 11 performance run at the State Fair Coleseum.

I rode by over there thinking I could get a picture of the clowns. Friday when I was there the clowns were out in the street greeting customers arriving for the big show. Unfortunately there are only 2 performances today and I was there well after one had begun and well before the next, the clowns were all inside. Perhaps they were clowning it up in there. The only people out in the street were Shriners.

The vagaries of temperature, wind and a tiny bit of returning fitness led me down into Lauderdale at the end of the ride. I haven't been there previously because that ride introduces an uphill last couple of miles that I just wasn't ready for yet. But today I gave it a try because I am starting to feel a tiny bit stronger and because there is a place down there at the corner of Walnut and Ione where in the past I have often paused to admire the Minneapolis skyline. In view of the fact that the clowns had not cooperated it seemed like the Minneapolis skyline on a beautiful day might provide a photo opportunity.The project for reconstruction of the Larpenteur Avenue bridge has introduced an entirely new view.

So I rode on home and took a picture of one of TOPWLH's little rock piles. I am not a geologist but I can pass for one in my family and I can actually identify a bunch of those rocks.It was a beautiful day, balmy end of May like temperatures and only a mild breeze from the south. It was a great day to be out on a bicycle, even if the circus is in town.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Nice Minnesota rocks.