Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Stuff looks more photogenic when the photographer isn't chilled

The temperature was in the 70s when I got home from yesterday's ride. It was in the 50s when I set out today. Even though the temperature today appears to be struggling its way up to the average for this date those 15 plus degrees made today chilly. Note to file, that average for today is now 60, can you believe it?

With average temperatures and a clear and sunny day I guess the fair conclusion is that today is actually a pretty nice April day. The devil in this case is in the contrast. It felt cold and I not only had to again don all of the layers that I pulled off yesterday, I had to go to the drawer and pull out some stuff I put away last week with the hope that I wouldn't need it again.

Riding in the cold is hard work. Further when you ride most every day it is hard to be fresh and strong every time out. Today was cold and it was hard. As a result a bunch of things that yesterday would have looked like good opportunities for a picture today just couldn't get me interested.

But never fear, I specialize in flowering shrubs and here is a variety not previously pictured here.Also note that the flowering crab behind the shrub is about to join the show. Just for good measure, take a look at the blue of that sky.

It was a pretty nice April day.

1 comment:

gfr said...

"Riding in the cold is hard work."

"Today was cold and it was hard."

Amen, brother.