Monday, April 21, 2008

Hammer fest

It was warm today, mid-70s. I spent all day inside a sealed building looking out at the sunshine. Around 4pm a couple of lines of thunder storms started to roll through. The weather website said 50 percent chance.

I didn't bother to carry the camera. It was either going to get wet or else there was not going to be any time for stopping for a photo.

But I found a photo that I soon have to take. The University of Minnesota is building a new football stadium on campus and the superstructure is now going up. It is a pretty interesting looking site.

I had gotten as far as the University but I kept feeling sprinkles and kept turning towards home. I was on the Fairgrounds when it finally became serious. It was not raining hard but it clearly passed over a line from occasional sprinkles and became rain. I turned one last time and hammered for home, a bit over 2 miles.

I had forgotten how much fun it can be to be in full sprint, pushing absolutely as hard as you can, while your muscles scream out for you stop.

A little over an hour, 15 miles. It felt like fun. And I made it home before the streets got wet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun is fun.