Thursday, November 1, 2007

Bicycle blues

This is a bicycle blog but I am also an informal participant in two different blog rings or events. One I stumbled onto myself, the Daily Photo blogring. My favorites are Paris Daily Photo and Arradon Daily Photo. Now Ms. Wireless has challenged the lot of us to participate in National Blog Posting Month. The Daily Photo ring has a theme day the first of each month, this month the theme is "Blue". The National Blog Posting challenge is to post to one's blog each and every day of this month. So this post has to fill all three niches, it has to be about bicycling, it has to have a photo featuring blue, and it has to be the first of 30 this month.

Well, first of 30 is a done deal just by making this post. Here's a picture to complete the other two:Today I made my season mileage goal. When I started out this year I had hoped to complete the miles before the end of October. That stretch of crummy weather early in the month is the primary reason I failed but being as this is only one day into November the failure does not sting. Always in the past the goal was to complete the mileage before the end of daylight savings time. The extra week this year means that I made that goal. The next goal for this year is to pass last year's total. I need 54 more miles for that. Any miles at all at this time of year is no sure thing but I think 54 more is within pretty easy reach. The picture is of my front bicycle tire pointing down a line in my driveway. So far this year I have followed that blue line on the side of my bicycle tire for 4,000 miles. The picture of the blue side walled tire represents bicycling and it represents blue.

By the way, if Joe Valentinetti is reading this, Joe, note the composition, the bicycle tire exactly in the crack of the concrete.

Today was the last ride of the year after work I feel certain. There is still tomorrow but tomorrow is Friday and as the season ends and the daylight fails I have fallen out of the habit of riding on Friday. I probably will not ride tomorrow, today is the end.

And the end had some symmetry. Today on the ride I saw the tall bike guy. I think this is the third sighting this year, the first was on one of my very first rides. The tall bike guy and I exchanged our usual greeting and I once again failed to get a photograph.

And here is the person who told me that this biking thing was totally bloggable.She was over yesterday to help with the trick or treaters. I knew this blue thing was coming today and she was wearing her France football shirt. It is blue and I got the photo not knowing for sure if I would find any other blue thing to photograph. Nice ears and glasses, don't you think?

Allez Bleu!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Between Emily and Santini there is a near bleu fetish in the family. I didn't ride yesterday, so felt that a blue bike photo would be dishonest. I admire your nice bikey post and photo, though. Props, as they say.

Anonymous said...

I doubt that Joe Valentinetti is reading, but I, at least, know who he is, and he would be proud of your composition. It nicely fulfills the requirements for the day. The leaves add a nice touch, too. TT

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I neglected to say Congratulations on achieving the big number. I have some appreciation for just how big it is -- nice going. SS