Monday, September 21, 2015

What? No equinox?

It says elsewhere on the internet that TOMORROW is the official sun crosses the equator day.  I didn't know that and sort of thought it was a big day for a ride.

Well, 77 at the Cattle Barn on the day that usually is the equinox IS a big day for a ride.  There won't be many more of these before June.

I tried to find an alternative route down to the Capitol.  The direct route features heavier traffic than a like and as is always the case on streets with heavier traffic, too much broken glass.

I found a way down into the city and tried the new Charles Avenue bicycle boulevard.  I found couple of really large brick churches, a Lutheran and a Catholic, pavement (always a good thing on a road bike), but not a very satisfying route.

The big building looks a lot cleaner to me but note that the sign says that it is still closed.
I am fully aware that it is remodeling but there is something vaguely troublesome to me to find the seat of government closed.  I sometimes agree, I sometimes disagree with what they are doing down there but in either case it seems better for all concerned if they are open for business.

It was a very pretty day at the Capitol grounds.

Here is another bench and some more mystery ice at the Fairgrounds. 
That ice isn't as mysterious as the last bit.  Lots of people might dump a cooler into the gutter there, especially if they had been, for example, sitting on that bench.

That's the Cattle Barn in the background.  As noted, 77 at about 2:45.

Warm for the unequinox.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Tomorrow is apparently both the first day of Autumn and Yom Kippur. According to my calendar, anyway.

I don't like it either.