Tuesday, September 29, 2015

More bicycle content

This actually occurred yesterday when morning showers convinced me to keep my bicycle in the garage and perform some necessary maintenance tasks.

I am halfway done, one orange tire and one green tire.
Today was the first long pants day of the fall season.  The high for the day was actually pretty close to average for the day but I started my ride at a temperature about 20 degrees F below the tempeature at which I finished my last ride two days ago.

There was also a nice fresh north wind, perfect conditions to make it chilly.

Long pants and full fingered gloves, long sleeve jersey and a jacket.

But at the water level at Lake Vadnais has rebounded about two feet of the three or so that it was down the last time I was out there.  That shallow area just off shore was dry land on Sunday.
FirstLOOK for scale.

On FirstLOOK I palp tires in a green colorway.

5 comments:

Santini said...

Shocking.

Anonymous said...

Have you considered purchasing a work stand? Your shifters and saddle are contact points for your body, not the ground.

TOPWLH said...

I love the color of the new FirstLook tires. Now our bikes kind of match.
What do you think made the water rebound? Not that much rain since Sunday.

Gino said...

Considered it, not going to, needless expense. My shifters are not in contact with the ground, the hoods are. My saddle? It can easily stand up to that amount of ground contact.

And why wouldn't I want to put my bicycle into a position that puts the parts that I want to work on readily available to me in a full standing position.

I am aware of the arguments pro and con work stand. This works for me.

jilrubia said...

The green looks just as cool as the orange! Did you have to buy a whole new matching outfit, or "kit" or "pack" or whatever the set of clothing is named?? Or is matching too weird..like you are your own cycling team?