Thursday, September 24, 2015

Today's bicycle content

We are experiencing our second consecutive day of rain.  The evidence that I have been able to compile indicates that it now rains EVERY day after the autumnal equinox.

But I got one bicycle moved down into the basement and one bicycle moved out to the garage.  I looked at the orange tires and they don't actually seem THAT bad so I am going to try to ride them for a while.  I like palping tires in an orange colorway.  They pumped up just fine.

In the passage of bicycles I noticed some rusty thumb screws on the water bottle holders.  So tire pumping and water bottle screw replacement is all I got done today.  At least it is something.
And yes, the water bottle holders look a little crusty too but they are just plastic.  I cleaned them up a tiny bit but the truth is most of the time the unsightly parts will be covered up by a water bottle.

And to answer the question in the comments.  Yes indeed, I have ridden 14,014 miles on the bicycle I just put into the basement.  Most years I put more miles on my bicycle than I put on my car.

I ride a lot, it adds up.

But . . . Here is the odometer on the bicycle I moved out to the garage.
I originally retired that one because I just thought 20,000 miles was ENOUGH on any bicycle.

I have changed my mind, I assembled this bicycle from parts, this is the bicycle I should be riding.

And after a few more rides I will be palping tires in a shocking chartreuse green colorway.  I promise.

2 comments:

Santini said...

20,202? Now that's a big number.

BDE said...

A palindromic number. I love it. But chartreuse green? Not a color I enjoy.