Thursday, September 3, 2015

Hooray, hooray . . .

Hooray, hooray, the first of . . .

Oops, missed it yet again.

But today I WAS reunited with my thumb levers, first ride since falling off on the River Street bridge.  I experienced some discomfort with BOTH knees, but as is often the case I was able to ride through the initial problem and eventually I felt pretty good.

It was nice to be back, I love my bicycle.

In the time since I last reported on a Minnesota bicycle ride a bunch of this has occurred.
That one has a mark on the trunk indicating some disease so I guess I won't consider it as a give up too early for the season slacker.  I guess it is a goner.

The Fair is in full swing which means parking restrictions on all of the streets within a half mile or so of the grounds.  For example, parking is permitted on only one side of this street which opened up a seldom available view of the exotic flora.
I went to the grocery store a couple of days ago and brought these home.
Most will know that when actually at Bowerman Blueberries in Michigan they will inform you of the variety of blueberry you are purchasing before you hand your money over.  Here in Minnesota most of us are not even aware that there ARE varieties of blueberries.

These are definitely not blue crop.  In fact, they seem a little bit more tart than Eliots.

It is probably best that they remain known here as the unnamed blues.

2 comments:

TOPWLH said...

Excellent picture of the exotic flora and I am glad you are back on your beloved bicycle. Life is good.

Santini said...

Banana for scale. It's always interesting to see just how small those boxes of blues are in the foreign market. More tart than Eliots?

Good to hear you've recovered enough to resume bikecycling. I threw away the helment you were wearing on your previous ride.

Very autumnal looking photos.