Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Four days in a row

Well.  It has really been quite a long time since that happened.

81 at the Cattle Barn, quite warm for mid-September and as is usual for days when the temperature is quite a bit above or below the average, today was VERY windy.

Did not affect the cow even the slightest bit.

Cows in Fall:
Contrast with Cows in Spring (March 16):
I am on the verge of retiring a bicycle but as will often be the case at moments such as this the bicycle is demanding maintenance.  I only need four more times on the bicycle to put NewLook out to pasture and it looks like I won't be able to get there without probably two maintenance procedures.

The front tire, the one that I can always see, is starting to make me nervous.   Which means probably that the rear tire is worse.  Ignore worn tires at peril of being an hour's ride from home with a beside the road puncture.  We all know how much we hate that.

Even uglier is that the bar tape is literally falling off the bar at the right hand shifter.

I have had bar tape get ugly before, this is a first time of bar tape actually failing to cover the bar.  I promise a photo.

If only I can get those four more rides I need to not ever again care about the bar tape on this particular bicycle.

4 comments:

Santini said...

And that is why I like fall more than spring. Nice light and shadows on the new cow photo, too.

I need six more rides on any bike to match last year's mileage -- never a sure thing, you gotta ride 'em to count 'em, and all of that. It's a little bit of motivation to get out and ride, though.

There's a lot of El Nino talk out there. It would be nice to have a later, milder winter for a change. I'm not counting on it, though.

Bar tape, eh? Sounds manageable.

Emily M said...

That is a great photo of the cows - the fall light is perfect.

Sounds like that bar tape can't be ignored any longer. Fortunately, I think you know how to take care of that.

Mrs. Smith said...

I have a lot to catch up on being without internet service for quite a few days. I am glad you got to ride 4 days in a row.

Mrs. Smith said...

Oh, I forgot to say COWS!!