Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Two ends of the street

Today I discovered another bit of residue from the path project across the street.  Virtually every ride I ever take begins with this piece of pavement just around the corner from the street where I live.
Always before that pavement has been the shoulder.  The white line marking the shoulder defines for the cars where they should be and the shoulder has always, always been available for bicycling.  I have no complaints at all, that bit has always been plenty bicycle friendly.

But NOW.  But now it isn't just the shoulder any longer.  Now it is a designated bike lane.

Nice.

Here's what it looks like down at the other end of the street.
The neighbor just called. He talked to the city inspector while I was out riding. He passed along the inspector's message that the giant trench in the street to put that pipe (and lots of other segments of pipe not pictured) into the ground will occur on Friday.  The city inspector says if I want to use my car that day I should park it somewhere up the street.

My other concern is that Friday is trash pick up.  I suppose someone has to call Walter's.

It was warm enough today after jacket, tights and full finger gloves (and SmartWool socks) yesterday. But the wind absolutely howled. It was way, WAY too hard. As always though, I am home, I finished, I'm glad I did it.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

Road construction season never seems to end. They put chip and seal on Perry this week -- fortunately there are ways to get around it.