Sunday, September 30, 2012

New record

Mostly we were just out there riding around on a bonus day, a spectacularly beautiful day on the very last day of September.

We rode past our old house and the Emily Tree, an ash that I planted in the front yard the year TCWUTH was born.
It is an ash but it still looks good, no signs of the bug. It looked pretty today, dressed up in its autumn colors with the flattering autumn light making the leaves almost shimmer.

I got the miles I needed for the big new number, the most miles I have ever ridden in the month of September. In a year without any other significant mileage achievements it is nice to have something. It is also the 10th most miles recorded in any month ever.

We shall now see, I only need about one and a half more miracle months and I could still make my annual mileage goal.

Iffy.

But September was good.

3 comments:

Retired Professor said...

WooHoo doesn't seem quite strong enough!

Good job.

TOPWLH said...

Great photo of the Emily tree. And what a gorgeous day for a bike ride!

Jimi said...

That tree certainly has grown since you planted it. I hope it survives the scourge of the ash trees.