Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pining for the fjords

Many will know that "pining for the fjords" is what the Norwegian blue was supposedly doing during the Dead Parrot Sketch.

It was a nice day for a ride, I got out on the usual right after lunch schedule. By then it was warm enough to allow for a summery costume if not the actual summer look (sleeves and base layer).

I could hear this one before I could see it. After riding past the no more beavers beaver dam up at Sucker Lake I exited the parking lot (no broken glass of late) to ride up the short hill to the entry to Lake Vadnais.
The road is closed, the park is closed, construction has begun.
That lake has been a staple of my rides for several years. I have cut through the water works property on nearly every ride out to the north but today I had to begin to figure out a way around.

And the way around meant that after riding north I took a small loop to the south to finish the ride. It already seems like more than a week and a half since the Fair finished its run. Most of the really large temporary stuff has been dismantled and removed. There are still a couple of those big tents up on Machinery Hill and there is also this display along one the streets up there.
70 at the Cattle Barn at shortly after 3pm, by the way.

It rained pretty steadily yesterday, never particularly hard, but steady. I spent probably way too much time trolling YouTube, a harmless enough diversion most times. It is in fact what I must admit is a fairly regular occurrence. Here's the jewel that I unearthed there on my latest expedition.

He calls himself apetor, and information he has shared at his YouTube page discloses that his name is Tor Eckhoff, he is 47 years old and lives in Vestfold county in Norway. I am not sure I can endorse any of the activities portrayed in Thin Ice 4 but I will say that I think his exploration of the concept of video reveals an interesting and quite unique world view. That particular video is approaching 2 million views. Yup, 2 million. I haven't watched all of his videos but I did watch and quite like his newest submission, "Lawnmower Problems".

Apetor is way, way more famous than Gzmoohoo.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Time to break out the arm warmers, or maybe the long sleeves. 70 will sound warm in a few months, but right now it sounds almost chilly. PW says that frost is forecast for Pengilly tonight.

Jimi said...

That Norwegian guy is extremely odd. I hope Pster doesn't run into any of his ilk. I don't think he's representative of the nation, but maybe he is.