Saturday, September 15, 2012

Drum roll please. Milestone.

Actually, for me, mileage continues good for the month, quite lackluster for the year.  It turns out though, that I am not the only one here who rides.  TOPWLH today achieved a quite significant mileage milestone.
She joins the select group of individuals (which cannot be THAT select as it includes every person living in THIS house) who own at least one bicycle with at least 5,000 miles on the odometer.

You may notice that immediately upon her achievement a representative of Edoardo Bianchi, founder of F.I.V. Edoardo Bianchi S.p.A, the world's oldest bicycle-making company still in existence and the manufacturer of her machine, appeared as if by magic and presented her with the Bianchi USA Lifetime Achievement Award, which she displays on her left wrist.

There's more.

Honest, I have more.

Within minutes representatives of the local historical society arrived at the spot where the Lifetime Achievement Award was presented and designated the spot as significant enough to merit inclusion on the local Heritage Trail and immediately erected a sign so stating.
She took it all in stride, for the most part shrugging off the accomplishment although I have an inkling that mention of the mileage may show up on her social media account website.

It was a nice ride, another nice day.  We rode to the Falls where we found no Falls.
I have been there before when there was very, very slight flowage over the Falls but today was a first for both of us, there was absolutely not discernable even a single drop of water going over the edge.  The rocks are still damp but there doesn't seem to be anything falling and the pool below was absolutely dead calm, showing no signs of anything even running down the wall.

The not always Falls.

Here's something I have discovered just today. If you upload photos in "Compose" mode they upload at 212x320. If you upload in "HTML" mode they upload at 300x400. Of course, it is always possible to edit the 212x320 to 300x400 later in HTML but it just seems quite a bit easier to do the uploading in HTML mode.

6 comments:

Jimi said...

Congrats to the proud biker. She's done a great thing, as evidenced by all officialdom's kudos.

That is dryer than I've ever seen the falls, and I go there pretty often. I think this qualifies as a drought.

I always upload my photos in HTML One at a time and in reverse order of their eventual viewing position

Santini said...

Getting a celeste wrist band is quite an accomplishment. 5,000 miles is a lot of miles, and there's only one person in my house that can claim to have ridden a bike that far.

I'm not sure I know the difference between 212x320 and 300x400.

Gino said...

212x320 displays at 4/5 of the size of 300x400. I prefer the photos to be as large as blogger will allow.

Santini said...

Blogger gives me the choice of size of photo. I usually use "large" since the x-large displays the way it does on the photo of J&S on my most recent post. (I just changed it, for illustration.) I just click on the photo and it gives me the sizes as options, before publishing.

BDE said...

You are very funny. Thanks for the great ride today (OFTNDITHOD) and for making this an occasion for me. It is a puny number when compared to Santini's and GZ's, but I am happy. And so proud to wear the celeste wrist band!

BDE said...

Whoops, OOTNDITHOD I meant.