Friday, September 28, 2012

Cold water

Well, Coldwater Spring it is then. Sufficiently prompted I found lots of information on line including directions for getting around to the front. That's where we went today.
I looked at Yahoo Maps for perspective but the aerial photo that they are STILL using at that site shows 12 buildings still on site. One or another of the internet sites I read today, most likely the National Park Service site, detailed the destruction of the buildings completed by February of this year. The spring and summer of 2012 were spent in construction to restore the area as an oak savanna prairie park to be open to the public. According to the July 3 update, a creek has been re-established between the spring and the Mississippi River.

Here's the state of the other park construction project I am currently monitoring.
That thorough coating of what looks to me like patch master was applied by a water cannon blasting out a mixture of seed, fertilizer, mulch and water. The entire "hydroseeding" was done from a single spot quite near the cul-de-sac. It was totally visible from my front window and created quite a spectacle.

Hockey tonight, defending NCAA Champion Gophers 7, Colgate zip. One of the new kids scored the hat trick. A good time was had by the season ticket holders living next to the patch master pit.

2 comments:

Retired Professor said...

New pavement? Coldwater Spring sounds like a new destination to me.

That hydroseeding area doesn't look level -- almost like a holding area for water run-off.

It does seem early for hockey.

Jimi said...

I'm going to have to visit Coldwater Spring next week. I've not been to it before, although I have biked past it a few times in the past without realizing it was there. A new site to explore in my near neighborhood is intriguing.

That hockey team seems like it might have a chance of repeating as national champion.