Monday, September 10, 2012

Crabon fibre

I reported a while ago while I was riding steel on the somewhat anomalous occurrence of steel taking the lead as the frame material on which I have ridden the most miles this year. The anomaly was that even though the bicycle I ride in Michigan is a steel frame, beginning with when I acquired (and built) FirstLOOK, my first crabon frame, I just haven't ridden my Minnesota steel bicycle very much. Except for that very early season period when aluminum leads the frame material standings, crabon has been for several years the dominant material.

This is an unusual year, lots of things about this year are out of the ordinary.

Today I fixed all of that by reestablishing the usual as the usual for this year as crabon fibre reasserted its dominance as NewLOOK surges past the combined total mileage of the two steel bicycles I have ridden this year.

It was really, really windy today so I may have been slightly confused but I think this is where I was when this bicycle momentous milestone was achieved.
I wasn't tagging bridges even though I think that is a really interesting idea but I was on the other side of the Mississippi and I know I crossed Minnehaha Creek at least twice (once going, once returning, I know it was Minnehaha Creek, I checked the map) so that must make at least four for today, or perhaps two twice. And that's just bridges over water, if you count street overpasses I got a bunch more.

It was really windy, I may be confused. There are a finite number of days in any one person's life as nice as today was. It seems a shame to spend very many of those days indoors. Much better to be on a bicycle. I had a nice time out there on a beautiful September day.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Tagging bridges is a nice sideline. It was a beautiful day here, too.