Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Playoffs

The season is over but I am still riding. It has occurred to me that apparently I have made the playoffs.

I recently discovered that my personal "Dead End" sign has been replaced by the city. We are now "No outlet". I guess "Dead End" is too déclassé for a fancy inner ring suburb. Since I made the discovery I have been noticing that this nomenclature upgrade seems pretty widespread. Here is a place where they can't seem to decide which option will prevail in this controversy.The leaves got picked up this morning. They caught me off guard as apparently we were the first pick up of the day. The crew arrived at about three minutes after 8. I was not prepared to video so that is a project for another time.

In addition to the seven miles already specifically enumerated I yesterday also did a few more miles before (looking for the crew) and afterwards. I had about 11 miles while in my garage with the rear wheel off. I eventually also had a test ride which ended with me back in the garage and then got almost 9 more miles after repairs were complete for a total of 20, only about 2 of which were ridden with a flat tire. Today was better.

3 comments:

Emily M said...

Hmmm... I think I prefer No Outlet, but I am not the person making these decisions, clearly.

So sad to have missed the leaf picker-uppers! Ah well, next year.

Retired Professor said...

"Playoffs." I like it.

I overlooked the obvious in my number crunching. You could have ridden any number of miles and be a mile from home. 20 miles is a pretty good number, under the circumstances.

TOPWLH said...

I also prefer the classier No Outlet, but I still give you credit for having a sign there. Congrats on making the playoffs.