Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bicycling weather returns

And I saw quite a few people out doing it, including one of my neighbors. I may still get another ride in, I suppose, but today I was content to walk.

It was OOTNDITHO the day before Thanksgiving. The high temperature was above 50, the sun was out the sky was blue. Spectacular.I am just a tiny bit worried that I don't even have the last bicycle ride of the year by a retired guy living on my block. However, as I think I said earlier, I am satisfied with the season I have had even if I don't get another mile.

On the other hand, looking at the long range forecast there emerges just a slight possibility that I may this year, for the first time since 2004, get some December miles.

Here is the flower yard in late fall and after it has been visited by the same bushwacking guys who visited my yard last week.Those guys have done some serious whacking on that oak tree. They are very, very serious about removing any vegetation with the potential to interfere with the electricity.

Most of us think this is the right thing to do given our dependence on electricity. However, given how much we depend on the cable, not only for cable TV, but also for the inter tubes and for lots of people, for phone service (including 911), I find it just a trifle troubling that Comcast isn't out here engaged in a similar vegetation removal for the lower set of lines, the cable.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

That intersection looks familiar.

Is Comcast cable, (cable cable) more robust than electric lines?