Monday, November 7, 2011

Mudjacking

I completely get the concept but I admit that the term itself is completely new to me. Mudjacking? I found this truck in support of an apparent mudjacking project before I even got off my own street today.It was a tiny bit cooler today. I suppose that is to be expected but still. I checked the morning newspaper and conclude that from here on I am going to need above average temperatures in order to ride. The average high is now only 45F. It was maybe 46 when I headed out today and that is really, really close to my lower limit.

Or at least that's what I say today.

The wind was from the west again today but not as strong so I instead of tacking back and forth across it as I did most of the time yesterday I just charged straight out into it. I was very strong on the way home.

But on the way out I ventured over into Minneapolis again, making my second appearance of the year at Lake Calhoun. That's the north end of the lake with the tunnel that contains the channel to Lake of the Isles visible there on the right.Here's the view from inside the tunnel. It isn't Tunnel Park but I thought it was pretty interesting.I passed this sign on the way to Lake Calhoun and after reflection decided to swing back past it to get a photo. They could really, really use some signs like this in Saint Paul, specifically at Lake Como.I was riding across Minneapolis on the Greenway but got off to reach a specific destination. This is on Bryant Avenue just off the Greenway. This also strikes me as a really, really good idea.I was looking through photos from last year and noticed that I had ridden NewLOOK over to Flanders late in the season. I decided to take the Jewel over there as well.That forecast for rain/snow mix has been moved up to tomorrow. I am not quite ready to be done. I think even if we get some snow tomorrow that it isn't really cold enough for it to stay. I still expect to get at least a couple more rides in before end of season trois.

5 comments:

Retired Professor said...

Love the tunnel photo. Nice.

That's a good bike path sign, but my guess is that it will be largely ignored by the ambling public.

Yeah, I'm not quite ready to be done yet, either. It's gonna happen, though. Probably sooner than I'm going to be ready for. I'm sooo enjoying the fall rides, even the too cold ones.

TOPWLH said...

Great photos (and I noticed that "We raise and level out concrete" truck also). I thought of Rob's guy who leveled out our piece of concrete by the garage backdoor with brute strength. I also love the tunnel photo.

Santini said...

Nice bike.

EMSA said...

The green shared lane markings on Bryant south of Lake Street are really neato.

Emily M said...

I love that bike path sign - I always note it with a smile when I am riding around Lake Calhoun. But RP is right - it is not nearly as effective as I'd like.