Friday, August 12, 2011

Parallel universe

It wasn't a pretty day today. During the time I was riding the sun made three brief appearances, at 7 miles, again at 9.5 miles and finally at 19 miles. Late afternoon is rallying pretty well though with the sun now out. Overall grade: B, I guess. It is warm enough and not humid. A pretty nice day.

But the sort of day that leads to just riding around thinking about not much of anything at all. You have to be careful on days like this because you just never know when you are going to catch a glimpse of what your life would be in a parallel universe.I think Gene was trimming an ash tree in the front yard but possibly he was involved in preemptive ash removal. There is a lot of that going on around here lately.

I dunno, losing our ash trees, if it is to be, will be pretty traumatic. But personally I am going to go ahead and ride it out with these trees, they have been good to us here, providing lots of valuable and enjoyable shade. If the bugs get them, well, so be it. But the chain saws don't come until the bugs are here.

1 comment:

Santini said...

I agree.

There is a drug store in Port Charlotte called -- naturally enough -- Gene's Drugs. So another parallel universe exists in Florida.

Personally, my only other life appears to be as the maker of bicycle apparel. Primarily socks.